Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quick Art Project

Follow through is not one of my strengths.  I have good intentions on getting things done but, unfortunately, I have a lot of unfinished projects around.  Such as, the scarf I started knitting this winter and walls that I never finished painting. 

So when we started our art curriculum this year I fully intended on sticking with it until the end.  But...we fizzled out of it.  We chose a drawing course and we completed a few nice projects and learned some new techiniques like shading, texture, lines, etc.  We also learned how to draw one point perspective:

Jenna~


Jared~


Now that we don't have a curriculum to follow I was scrambling at the last minute to come up with an art project the other day.  I did a quick search and found instructions and templates for making comics.  It turned out to be a fun activity and Jared plans to continue making more. 



In case you can't see it, it says:
Hi, my name is Jared.
This is pretty much what I do most of the day. (Kid laying in bed, relaxing)
(Running) Yep, you heard me, 'most of the day'.  I said that because I'm homeschoo--
(Bang! Crashes into trashcan.) ...Uh...---schooled.

I found the templates and lots of other ideas at donnayoung.org and instructions and ideas for coming up with a story here.  Or, if you do a search in Google you can find lots of ideas.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome drawing! They both did so well. Jared's comic was funny...the boy has humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya on the follow through thing!

    I love to see the variations that different students come up with, when given the same assignment.
    Jenna's drawing is very defined, while Jared's is soft and muted.

    I love the sky in Jared's background and the boldness of Jenna's street anchors the picture and gives it a sense of balance.

    My two cents...
    for whatever they're worth.

    ReplyDelete