Friday, January 13, 2012

Coming Up For Air

Phew!  Anyone else feel like they're being swallowed up with the everyday demands of life?  It never seems to slow down here...which is why I'm just now getting around to a new post for the first time in several weeks.

Ever since Thanksgiving school has been a challenge for us---and taking such a long break for Christmas only added to it!  I'm not sure if we will take such a long break next year.  I feel like we're moving in slow motion, trying to get back up to full speed.  We're getting there!  We are going to make a few changes in curriculum starting in the next couple of weeks.  I plan to order a new science program for Jenna, a couple of new bible studies and maybe a few other goodies.

We did have a nice, relaxing break, though.  I even learned how to knit!  Before my Grandmother passed away she left me a tub full of all of her knitting and crocheting supplies.  I have just about every size and style needle you could imagine.  So, here's my work in progress:




My very first stitches.  *Squeal* I had no plan other than to keep going once I figured it out.  So...it looks like it will be a scarf.  My #1 fan (Jared) is cheering me on each day.  He is so proud of his mama!  Every day he looks at the progress I've made and says, "Wow, Mom! That is SO cool!  When you finish it- I'm going to wear it."  I said, "But it's purple."  He replied, "I dont care! You made it, and that's all I care about."  Can kids be any sweeter??  So, my next project will be a beanie cap for him...not in purple though! Ha.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are so creative!! I need to get started on my stampin' again, just can't seem to find the time. How do you do it. Let me know what science programs you are looking at. Dominique is finishing up his curriculum so I am in the process of ordering as well. Oh! and yes, kids can be that sweet! It's just awesome when they are yours. LOL!

    ReplyDelete